Health & Safety Policies
At Fircroft Tree Surgery, the safety of our clients and staff is our number one priority. Due to the potentially dangerous nature of our job, we have implemented a range of policies to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are maintained at all times.
- We undertake a thorough, risk assessment and a detailed site survey prior to the start of any work.
- We won’t commence any project until we have ensured the correct working environment is in place for the safety of our staff and clients.
- We have £10million Liability & Employment Insurance.
- All staff are appropriately trained and appropriately equipped to carry out their specific duties.
- All of our vehicles, machinery and equipment are vigorously tested, serviced and inspected at regular intervals by our skilled and experienced engineers to maintain optimum working performance and safety.
We adhere to a range of regulations and accreditations that certify our commitment to health and safety, ensuring there is no compromise to our high standards of work.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Act 1999, this includes RIDDOR
- CDM Regulations (Construction Design Management)
- COSSH Regulations
- British Standards for Tree Works 3998
- Safe Contractor Scheme Approved Member
We also follow:
- HSE PUWER 98 regulations
- LOLER regulations
- AIS 38
- Personal Protective Equipment at work regulations 1992
We are also currently working towards a further accreditation for one of the UK’s largest arboricultural associations.
For more details about our health and safety practices and accreditations, or to hear about any of our services, please feel free to contact our team. We serve customers in St Albans, Harpenden, Hemel Hempstead and the surrounding areas.